rcgomez11

Server:
Windows Server 2008 Standard x86
Progress 9.1E

Client:
Windows 7 x86
Progress 9.1E

Good day ProgressTalkers,

I just finished installing our new server(settings on top) and I know that with 2008 server I can't use my progress explorer and using remote/client pc(settings on top) will make it possible but when I tried to connect on to the server, it still refuses to. I tried to run 'proadsv -port 20933 -start then -q' it says that 'adminserver is alive' but still I can't manage to connect on to. Hoping for some suggestions and it is really appreciated alot. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Romel Gomez

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I would guess that with Server 2008 the firewall is probably on by default. Have you checked that? If it is on, are there firewall exception rules to allow the client to connect to the admin service?

Also, you built a brand new database server with a 32-bit OS? Really? Why would you not use x64?

And finally, 9.1E is ancient and obsolete. Is something preventing you from upgrading?

RealHeavyDude

Just a guess:

To successfully connect to an Admin Server running on a remote host you must supply a user name and a password. Which one you need depends whether you have enabled the group checking security feature ( you get asked for that during installation ). In the end it must be a user that has the privileges to log into remote machine.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

rcgomez11

I actually created a domain in that server(settings on first post) and add this remote/client pc(settings on first post) on that domain and try to execute remote connection using proControl and it gives me message like 'You are not authorized to run procontrol in <server-name>'. Tried to disable firewall on public, private and domain connection and still the same problem. I have the username and password of that server, just so 'all the progressTalkers' know...please help me with this, thanks in advance and you all have a great day...