Relational Diagrams?

gwoodhouse

Posted this under Development but it's probably more fitting here....

Is there any around at the moment that can use the existiing schema of a Progress DB to create relational Diagrams of the DB?

I have to draw up a road map of our DB's but don't realy want to sit there and draw it all out by hand as this would become outdated very quickly.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks.

Gareth.

ajaysheth

The best way I think to acheive your objective is to export your progress db and import it in an SQL Server DB. Then in SQL Server Design Mode will create the table relationships itself.

We did this like this for our application which contains 4 huge DB's containing more than 500 tables.

HTH.

bvanmeer

ajaysheth said:
The best way I think to acheive your objective is to export your progress db and import it in an SQL Server DB. Then in SQL Server Design Mode will create the table relationships itself.

We did this like this for our application which contains 4 huge DB's containing more than 500 tables.

HTH.

This is great news, I'm searching quite some time for such a solution. But how an what do you export and import to trigger the design of the relationships?

Greetings