Proxygen (where to find Microsoft Java SDK)

RKR

I am trying to create some ActiveX proxy's using proxygen. According to the Progress Documentation I need to download the Microsoft Java SDK 3.2 from the microsoft website. However since late February this product is no longer available from Microsoft due to a lawsuit. Is there any-one who can tell me where I can find this download, or a good alternative. (I already visited the website of SUN, but their Java installation is missing some of the required files).

Ruud

RKR said:
I am trying to create some ActiveX proxy's using proxygen. According to the Progress Documentation I need to download the Microsoft Java SDK 3.2 from the microsoft website. However since late February this product is no longer available from Microsoft due to a lawsuit. Is there any-one who can tell me where I can find this download, or a good alternative. (I already visited the website of SUN, but their Java installation is missing some of the required files).

Ruud

If you've got proxygen, then you probably have Provision, or at least some other Progress bits. Almost certainly, you have the version of jvm which the proxygen will expect.

The only problem we have had running proxygen is that there are many jvm's on our machines, and invariably, proxygen requires a particular version to run correctly.

(I am assuming your problem is actually getting proxygen to run.) We find the simplest way is to create a dos batch file and give it the path to the correct jvm.
eg:
cd c:\progress91c
bin\jvmStartw.exe -f proxygen.prm

The proxygen.prm is supplied by progress.

I hope that helps

David

MurrayH

It use to be at www.microsoft.com/java or via the download manager off the main page.

RKR said:

Ruud

kprdrgkk

RKR said:

Ruud
Progress proxygen , progress app server, and Apache java xml solutions.

Please see demo on http://212.62.51.1/ed/ed.jsp

RKR

Thnx for your replies, but it doesn't solve my problem.

At this moment I can only generate Java Proxies without any problems. However my problem is that I need an ActiveX proxy for a VB project. When trying to generate the ActiveX proxy i get the error jexegen.exe not found. This is true, because it is not on my system. According to the knowledge base this is caused by Microsoft SDK which has not been installed. This SDK however is nowhere to be found on Microsoft's website because they discontinued this product. Is there any alternative for this Microsoft SDK, and if so where can I find it.

Thnx for your help,