Progress Version 9.1d

Mike

Dear All,

I have one doubt . We have two production Server A and B
1. A have PROGRESS Version 9.1D09 as of Tue May 25 11:10:22 EDT 2004 OS version AIX 5.1
2. B have PROGRESS Version 9.1D as of Wed May 8 16:52:13 EDT 2002 OS version Unix AIX 7.1

Which is the latest version A or B????

Please reply me ASAP

with regards

Mike

Mike

Dear Dude,

I want to know that what is the differnce between PROGRESS Version 9.1D09 and progress 9.1d which one is latest? and what is this dat differnece?

Mike,
For our mates is easy to say "upgrade"!!! I will say it too, UPGRADE! there you go. But I think I understand your situation, it's usual developers don't have vote and minimal voice when is necessary to invest $$$$ on upgrades.

But your company is on V9, you must convice your managers there are big risk if the upgrade is delayed more time, as Foreach said, new env versions are not supported/tested with older language versions. I suggest you contact your local progress vendor and together expos to the money people the pros/cons of upgrade.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Yes, it is easy to say UPGRADE!

But it isn't just to be annoying.

If you are responsible for your company's data you have a duty to let management know that the data is AT RISK when they are running on ancient, obsolete and unsupported software.