progress schedule ?

sphipp

Yes, you can use Progress in scheduled tasks.

Normally you have to start Progress in Batch Mode and pass the database connections and program startup as .pfs or as command-line parameters.

When running in batch mode you can't send messages or output to the screen and have to be careful with "MESSAGE VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX" and record-locked errors.

In Unix you can use crontab and it is a good idea to redirect all output to a log file that you can check afterwards. Presumably you can do the same under Linux.

In Windows you set up Scheduled Takss as normal and put the Progress executable in the command line with any parameters afterwards, althoygh I tend to create a .BAT file with the information in - that way you can ensure that the DLC, PROMSGS and start-up directories are explicitly stated which can save a lot of time and effort.

yls999

Thank sphipp,tossy.

"Normally you have to start Progress in Batch Mode and pass the database connections and program startup as .pfs or as command-line parameters."

can you give me one example?
I know how to use crontab in Unix/linux.
I donnot know how to ----start Progress in Batch Mode and pass the database connections and program startup as .pfs or as command-line parameters.:confused: