Progress on Linux Box

Phillip

Hi,

Has anyone installed Progress on Linux? I want to run a simple app connected to our database on Raspberry Pi 2+'s on our assembly lines for data entry/component controls (motors, temperature sensors, etc). I know there is WINE for the various Linux distributions, however, I saw that there are no compatible versions of Wine for Raspbian (the version of Debian running on the RPi). We have the installer for progress but it is an .exe file which is setup for Windows so I can't run it without an emulator/virtualization environment.

Thanks in advance

Stefan

Yes, 10.2B08 x64 / 11.2.1 x64 / 11.4 x64 / 11.5 x64 on CentOS 5.5 x64.

See the platform availability guide for supported platforms. Debian is not supported, but
it should work. How Raspbian fits in to the equation - no idea - try it - but first get the Linux installer.

Note that on Linux there is only a character client (_progres) and no gui client (prowin / prowin32).

Last edited:

Stefan

Sorry, Stefan. Thats wrong. Debian is based on GNU/Linux, nothing else. CentOS, for example is based on Redhat. See Wikipedia.

Sorry! You are completely correct. My first Progress Linux install was 10.0B or so on Debian when specific distros weren't supported (I think). When Red Hat was, I switched to CentOS - which was later officially supported.