Progress Compiler

rmalito

I have installed, on Window machine, a Progress 9.1D version. But when try to compile my .p file then i get error :
Builder not available in this version (494).

Can anyone help me ?

Tanks in advance
Rinaldo Malito

PS: sorry for my english !

BONO

Hello,
For compiling you need provision version of progress software. You can't compile with a client networking.

HTH

BONO

All version of progress for windows are in the same CD, then you juste need the serial and the control code for a provision.

If you don't have then both, i can't help you more.

rmalito

Bono
I must buy the serial and the control code for a provision ?

joey.jeremiah
Thanks for your reply, but i need just Progress 9.1D version

best regards

BONO

Its not just the serial , it's al the version and it's expensive ....
With progress if you just have a client networking version you can't make any development

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
its very reasonably priced for companies, but out of reach for most private developers.

if its for a company dont even think of doing something that could be considered illegal even though theres always a way, and there is. unless you want to spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder.

one company that i just started working for was raided by tens of irs agents, nothing software related. trust me, not a pretty sight.

the server was literally ripped off the wall, i wasn't even given a chance to safely shutdown the server. and when i went to pick it up it was sitting in pieces which of course didn't work afterwards

on top of all that the sys admin guy that recently left the company, probably for a very good reason, didn't have a complete, tested dr plan and a year's plus worth of files and documents that weren't part of the backup were lost.

i got out of that place as soon as i could, i shouldn't have even taken the job in the first place. after the whole story was over with they actually offered me a job. no way, me be some government clerk.

a short while afterwards i saw the company owner's picture in the newspaper. turns out the whole story started when some disgruntled employee decided to get back at the company, which is usually the case.

well, i got some very important life lessons early on about finding a job, backups and the law that i will never forget and some great stories to tell :)