[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: OS-DIR not seeing directory content (OE 11.6 32bit, RH 7.5 64bit, xfs file system)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sjellin.dovetail

Hi All, We have a batch interface that runs against a specific directory using the same OS-DIR command as used on other directories. This particular interface has been running successfully for several months - however as of the 15th OS-DIR stopped reporting the contents of the directory. If I create a file, or copy an old interface file to the directory it is visible. The majority of files coming via ftp from the partner are no longer visible in this location and moving them still leaves them invisible to OS-DIR. I can not see any difference between the files - all have the UTF-8 BOM and all filenames have the same format. If I check these files and previous successfull files the attributes are the same, same owner and same BOM - UTF-8.Renaming the file does not make it visible to OS-DIR. Moving the file to another directory does not help either. Before I go and ask the client what did they or the service provider change I was / am hoping that someone has encountered this and knows how to resolve it (other than resorting to difference commands for linux/windows). Tehcnical detail. OE 11.6 32bit TTY running on RH7.5 64bit on an xfs file system. selinux is disabled. Files are currently owned by root and rwxr-xr-x and the interface is running as the root user.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.