[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Help Setting Up A Multi Volume...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert Cohen

I am trying to change some of my backup script and testing some options as back file is becoming quite large Current backup run the following command to back the database $DLC/bin/probkup online $DBDIR/crp/mfgcrp $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup -com >> /tmp/backup.log 2>&1 So I want to change it to do multi volume database backup as below $DLC/bin/probkup $DBDIR/crp/mfgcrp $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup -com -vs 244000 > /tmp/backup.log 2>&1 $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup1 $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup2 $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup3 $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup4 $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup5 $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup6 $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup7 $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup8 $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup9 $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup10 eof The current restore uses the following command $DLC/bin/prorest $DBDIR/crp/mfgcrp $BACKUPDIR/crp/db/mfgcrp.backup > /tmp/backup.log 2>&1 Where /apps/scripts/yesfile contains just the letter "y" I always used to do a prodel and then create and then restore but some time ago it was suggested to me by Tom Bascom that I don't need to do all those step and can just restore into the current backup and have been doing this as it is faster - see note below Trying to setup the multi volume restore without doing a delete and create and I am not sure how to get the "yes" file to work and where to place it with regards to the here-document. The code below does not seem to work, nore does placing it within the here-document, any help please $DLC/bin/prorest $DBDIR/$ENVNAME/$DB $BACKUPDIR/$RESTENV/db/$RESTDB.backup > /tmp/backup.log 2>&1 $BACKUPDIR/$ENVNAME/db/$DB.backup1 $BACKUPDIR/$ENVNAME/db/$DB.backup2 $BACKUPDIR/$ENVNAME/db/$DB.backup3 $BACKUPDIR/$ENVNAME/db/$DB.backup4 $BACKUPDIR/$ENVNAME/db/$DB.backup5 $BACKUPDIR/$ENVNAME/db/$DB.backup6 $BACKUPDIR/$ENVNAME/db/$DB.backup7 $BACKUPDIR/$ENVNAME/db/$DB.backup8 $BACKUPDIR/$ENVNAME/db/$DB.backup9 $BACKUPDIR/$ENVNAME/db/$DB.backup10 eof ############################################################################## # see note from Tom Bascom - no need to delete ############################################################################## # NOTE: If doing a restore without a delete you need to provide a "yes" file # as the prorest knows the the /apps/qaddb/crp/mfgcrp already exists. # and asks "Do you want to over write it? [y/n]:" so you need to send yes # If you do the crpel you need to provide the "yes" file to the delete # and not to the prorest # in testing with the delete and restore (no create) take +/- 1 min 10 sec but # doing just a straight restore takes +/- 35 seconds ##############################################################################

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.