Progress Application Exit with Procedure Editor

slh

Hi,

Not sure why I have an application that exits with Procedure Editor. Similar Application resides in local Pc however did not displayed similar behaviour of exiting with Procedure Editor.

Not sure why, any one face similar issue before?

RealHeavyDude

This is classic behavior if you have a developer's licenses installed and the last procedure of your application does not end the session (using QUIT). There is a -rr (runtime client) startup parameter you can use but you must have a runtime license (client/networking) installed too.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

slh

Hi Dude,

Thanks, how do I distinguish between run time license and developer license please?

Current LIVE system does used similar code >> APPLY "CLOSE":U TO THIS-PROCEDURE, however no procedure editor windows triggered, probably it is using run time license.

Also when I tried to open AppsBuilder>> Open, it prompts me with error WSAERROR: No Error. (-10000)

slh

Hi Dude,

My apology, just saw the client/networking installed to define runtime license, however may I check workgroup license includes developer or just simply run time ?

RealHeavyDude

It all depends on which licenses you have installed. There are several runtime licenses ( Client/Networking and Personal Database ) and several development licenses ( 4GL Development, OpenEdge Studio and OpenEdge Architect ). The behavior occurs when you have a development license installed. But in order to make use of the -rr startup parameter you need to have a runtime license installed. Only when you have both (runtime and developer licenses) installed you can make a choice.

In a production environment on the user PCs you should never install a development license. I bet if you do that you are violating the license agreement you have with your vendor ...

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

slh

Hey Dude,

I agreed to the *.rr potion that mine hit with error >> This client is not licensed to use the rr startup parameter.

However 1 funny behaviour here>> I have 2 database (Local & Server),
1.Exit Server Db = No Procedure Editor Popup
2.Exit LOCAL Db = Procedure Editor Popup

Both db using local license(developing) to access.

Local Startup Parameter in shortcut key:
"C:\Program Files\Progress\bin\prowin32.exe" -basekey ini -ininame c:\redbull\redbull.ini -pf c:\redbull\redbull.pf -p "C:\Documents and Settings\slh\Desktop\redbull_r\main.r" -inp 32000

Server Startup Parameter in shortcut key:
"C:\Program Files\Progress\bin\prowin32.exe" -pf i:\serverdb.pf -basekey ini -ininame j:\serverdb.ini -p main.r

Regards