Problems with the Upgrade

bendaluz2

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
Looks like you need to use "& lt ;" and "& gt ;" without the spaces.... you are missing the ";" at the end ;)

Doh!

Sorry, those two days off must've sent me crazy! But, I'm sure you never used to have to put the ; cos I just looked at some of my older posts, and they didnt have them, but they definately used to do the < and > properly

bendaluz2

IF you look at the comp.databases.progress line on the main page, it says

Last Post: How to connect to an NT based.....
Today 12:55PM (rapierce@my-deja.com).

But, if you go into the comp.databases.progress forum, the last post is

probackup to a single > 2gb file? (ver 8.3) by rapierce@my-deja.com

if you follow the link on the main page, it takes you to the "How to connect to an NT based...." thread

Hope this makes sense :)

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by bendaluz2
IF you look at the comp.databases.progress line on the main page, it says

Last Post: How to connect to an NT based.....
Today 12:55PM (rapierce@my-deja.com).

But, if you go into the comp.databases.progress forum, the last post is

probackup to a single > 2gb file? (ver 8.3) by rapierce@my-deja.com

if you follow the link on the main page, it takes you to the "How to connect to an NT based...." thread

Hope this makes sense :)
Yup that makes perfect sense, and it's a bug I am still working on. The usenet import is still inserting threads/posts in the old manner, which allows them to show up here, but there are a few new fields that aren't being updated properly yet, which may cause some bugs related just to the imported posts (usenet and peg). I'll hopefully have this fixed in the next week or so.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Crittar
Chris,

By no means a major problem but if you try to sort the members screen by reputation it doesn't seem to work. It seems to sort just by username if you try to sort by reputation.
This should be fixed now

Crittar

Chris,

Seems to be working fine...

With one minor exception:

You don't appear in the correct place when sorting by reputation, is this something to do with you being an administrator? c'mon man, take the credit due to you!!

Crittar

Really minor

Chris,

Another really minor point:

If you check the reputation of new members you are told 'username is an unknown quantity at this poINT'

I know it's picky but that mixed case really bugs me.

Crittar

Couple of other things for your attention

Chris,

I've noticed a couple of other things:

1. When using the search facility the words you search for are not hilighted in the threads displayed (I'm sure they used to be).

2. When selecting reply I get an error screen displayed with the following details:

Code:
Line: 9
char: 1
Error: 'colrPicker' is undefined
url:    http//www.progresstalk.com/clientscript/popupContrl.htc

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Chris,

Seems to be working fine...

With one minor exception:

You don't appear in the correct place when sorting by reputation, is this something to do with you being an administrator? c'mon man, take the credit due to you!!
:lol: Yes I noticed this, but I'm sure it probably has something to with the fact I'm an admin, or something like that ;)

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Chris,

Another really minor point:

If you check the reputation of new members you are told 'username is an unknown quantity at this poINT'

I know it's picky but that mixed case really bugs me.
Thanks, this was buging me too, it's fixed now :)

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Crittar 1. When using the search facility the words you search for are not hilighted in the threads displayed (I'm sure they used to be).

Thanks, I'll report this one, I know this used to work.

2. When selecting reply I get an error screen displayed with the following details:
Code:
[/i]
[i]Line: 9[/i]
[i]char: 1[/i]
[i]Error: 'colrPicker' is undefined[/i]
[i]url: http//www.progresstalk.com/clientscript/popupContrl.htc[/i]
[i]

I can't seem to duplicate this one. Can you go to the reply screen and hit CTRL-F5 to force a refresh of all the page elements, including the JavaScript code (which sometimes gets older versions cached). If you still have this problem, let me know what browser you're using and I'll report the problem.

Thanks!

Crittar

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber

Thanks, I'll report this one, I know this used to work.

I can't seem to duplicate this one. Can you go to the reply screen and hit CTRL-F5 to force a refresh of all the page elements, including the JavaScript code (which sometimes gets older versions cached). If you still have this problem, let me know what browser you're using and I'll report the problem.

Thanks!

Chris,

I tried the refresh and the problem still occurs. (it occurs on preview post as well). Using IE5.5 (I think).

Crittar

Chris,

Something which is a minor annoyance rather than a bug:

If you choose quick reply the tick-box for quote message in reply is ticked by default. Would it be possible to make the default the other way round? I often forget to un-tick it and end up with quotes which I don't really want.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Yes that's actually a good idea, since I'd prefer the quoting for quick replies to be off as well.... I'll see what I can do about this ;)

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Chris,

I tried the refresh and the problem still occurs. (it occurs on preview post as well). Using IE5.5 (I think).
Ok thanks... I've reported the problem to the developers

Crittar

Couple of questions

Chris,

Do you have any plans to introduce a home page like the one we had on the previous version of ProgressTalk? I found the summaries, unanswered topics, etc very useful and would love to see the return of this.

On the previous version of ProgressTalk you had put a filter in place that blocked PEG and Usenet posts from get new posts - do you intend to re-introduce that filter? Again I found that useful.

It might be interesting to do a poll on what others think to these suggestions (it might be me that's out of step).

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I am planning on implementing both of those features again, probably in the next week or so. I know both of those were popular features.