Problem with Proxygen and NET Framework 4

levzla

Hi everybody,

I have the next message when i tried to run an AppServer procedure with NET Framework 4:

Progress.Open4GL.Exceptions.HostUnknownException: Connect Failure: NameServer Host "hostname" is not known. (8232).

But when i tried with NET Framework 3.5, 3.0 or 2.0 there is no problem and run as expected. I´m using VS2010 C#.

Someone could help me?

Thanks.

levzla

Are you testing from the same machine. Is the .net 4 and .net 3.. on the same machine.

Hi vinod_homem thanks for answering.

The NET framework 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 are in the same machine.

By the way, the version of progress is 10.1C.

I searched for information about Proxy Generator and NET Framework version, but have not found information.

RealHeavyDude

You need to reveal the code you use for both version of .NET to see whether there is a difference. Furthermore, do you use the same proxy in both versions?. The error message suggests otherwise. I don't see any reason as to why the version of .NET should make any difference resolving the host name for the name server. Are you able to make connections from .NET 4 to other services that involve resolving the host name? But, then again I cannot really speak for .NET as I use Java to develop AppServer clients.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

levzla

RealHeavyDude,

The code is the same, as well the proxy. When i tried to run the application in C# with NET 4.0 Framework i got the error message. If a change the target NET Framework in the solution (different than NET 4.0) the application run without errors, and get the correct information from the AppServer procedure.

It seems the target NET Framework in the solution will be NET 3.5 Framework. :(

Thanks for the help.

RonaldKreuze

Hi,

Define a logical DNS hostname for the ip-address of the nameserver displayed in 'hostname'. Connect to that logical DNS hostname defined (probably including the domain). This should enable you to use .NET Framework 4.

Good luck!

Ronald