Problem in record selection while using SELECTION-LIST

Team,
I have a SELECTION-LIST widget (multi selection option included) in which on pressing "ENTER" key am able to select the record whereas when i press SPACE-BAR am not able to select the record. I tried even writing an explicit trigger for space bar.
Case 1:
ON ' ':U OF addr-list IN FRAME main-frame ANYWHERE
DO:
APPLY 13.
END.

Case 2:
ON ' ':U OF addr-list IN FRAME main-frame ANYWHERE
DO:
addr-list:SELECTED = YES.
END.

Case 3:
I tried setting SELECTABLE attribute to TRUE. Even then am not able to select a record using SPACEBAR. am i missing out something here?

Note: am using CHUI interface...

Please let me know if more information is required. Thanks in advance..!

Also i hope SPACEBAR is a default event which will select the recod and there is no need for us to specify a separate event. But it doesn't work in my case. but ENTER key works as expected. Can someone help me out?

Team,
I have got the exact issue where from its occurring. The problem is not with this code, its with the program that is calling this program. We have ANY-PRINTABLE trigger that is causing this problem. ANY-PRINTABLE trigger eats SPACEBAR....

ON ANY-PRINTABLE OF FRAME main-frame ANYWHERE DO:
/*No not allow delimiters to be entered*/
IF (ASC(cSeg)= LASTKEY
OR ASC(cNamVal)= LASTKEY
OR ASC(cVal) = LASTKEY)
AND NOT CAN-DO("{&Ignore-Fields}",SELF:NAME)
THEN RETURN NO-APPLY.

APPLY LASTKEY TO SELF.
HIDE MESSAGE NO-PAUSE.
RETURN NO-APPLY.
END.

Can someone help me now in resolving this issue? How can i stop this ANY-PRINTABLE trigger from eating my SPACEBAR. If i remove his piece of code its working fine... but i need to restructure this piece of code so that both works properly..

Thanks in advance..!

Return NO-APPLY blocks any other triggers to execute.

/* APPLY LASTKEY TO SELF. */
HIDE MESSAGE NO-PAUSE.
/* RETURN NO-APPLY. */