Printing in the background in Report-Builder

MarcvanGeel

Hi everyone,

is it possible in Report-Builder to print a field to the background. I've got a report in which 2 fields overlap eachother and at the moment the wrong field is printed in front of the other. I've tried changing the font-color to Silver and deleting both fields and repostioning the fields in the correct order, first the background-field. Can please anybody help me out with this?

Thanks

bendaluz2

Dont think you can actually specifiy which field is on top. I guess it must just be using the order in which it comes across the fields if drawing them in a different order makes no difference. i.e. it either draws them in field sequence order if they are in the same table, or the order in which the tables occur in the join if they are in different tables. Why do you need to overlap two fields, just out of interest? Anyway, you could try making a copy of the each of the fields as a calculated field, and use this on the report instead of the original, and see if this makes it get drawn at a different time, or maybe you could make a calculated field which gives you the same effect as overlapping the fields anyway.

Hope this helps :)

p.s. Why did you think changing the font colour to silver would make a difference?

MarcvanGeel

I've changed the font to Silver, could have been any lighter colour, to check if the darker font would "shine" through the lighter font.

I want to use a string from a RUNTIME-PARAMETER as some kind of background and both fields are calculated fields.

Thanks anyway

bendaluz2

So, the one you want as the background is used like a logo and the other one is just some info that goes over the top?

bendaluz2

I've just done a little experiment, and it would seem that the order that the fields get drawn in is related to the vertical position on the screen. If you move the field you want at the front further down the screen, it should come to the front. This may not help, because you may want it at the top, but it looks like this is the only way you can do it, sorry.