Printing barcodes on laser printers

psujeeperman02

Hi, I am a newbie to syteline and progress. We currently have job travelers and packing slips setup to printout on okidata impact printers. This prints the barcode ok but we would like to move to laser printers due to cost and maintenance of the okidata printers.

when i push a packing slip to the laser printer, all i get is a "b1" on the printout where the barcode should be.

does anyone know how to fix this?

longhair

psujeeperman02,
you will need a few things:
1) a barcode chip in the laserjet printer.
2) some basic knowledge of the printers pcl.
for example
on an hp using pcl5 you need to start the barcode:
display chr(27) + "(0Y" + chr(27) + "(s0p4.6h12v0s0b0T".
display your data
display "*" + "your imbedded barcode data" + "*".
end the barcode
display chr(27) + "(10U" + chr(27) + "(s0p10h0s0b4099T".
don't ask why, but I have found that you need to display the data 3 times in order to get a decent height on the barcode.
this should get you started.
hope this helps.
regards,
longhair

eddiej

What format is the bar code you are trying to generate? If your trying to generate code 39 barcodes (not code 39 extended), Read on.

We were able to aquire a piece of freeware from PEG(http://www.peg.com/) that functions as a called program. You call it, and then output the variable with a 'PUT' statement using the control option. It works on HP laserjet printers. Not sure what others it will support To the best of my knowledge, you don't need a barcode chip as longhair suggests, but I could be wrong. I believe it was called "peg-bc.p".