primary unique index inactive

judy

Hi all,
I created a small database and I had created a new table. I find that the primay unique index is inactive. I'm trying to create a new index to make primary and delete the suspect index. All looks good at this time. I apply the changes. there is a error display, but it is too fast ,I cann't see the contents of the error . How can I active the inactive index ? Thanks for your help.

Best regards!

judy

cecsno

judy said:
Hi all,
I created a small database and I had created a new table. I find that the primay unique index is inactive. I'm trying to create a new index to make primary and delete the suspect index. All looks good at this time. I apply the changes. there is a error display, but it is too fast ,I cann't see the contents of the error . How can I active the inactive index ? Thanks for your help.

Best regards!

judy

The error will probably be in the database .lg file, but you probably have non-unique data in the field you are trying to activate. If so you need to dump the table data, delete the table data, activate the index, then load the table data. The offending records will be in the .e file.