PDF Include and using an editor widget to replace text

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Hi all

I've been using the PDF Include library for a while now and I found a small problem/bug when using it on an AppServer.

When the remote procedure creates a PDF document everything is created OK, except the Total Page Number is not being populated.

After a few hours of code review of pdf_inc.p (ChangePageText procedure) I found that is uses and editor widget to replace certain text within a file. However I found running on an AppServer this fails without any error messages. I have fixed the bug by using the copy-lob statement and the replace function.

1. Copy the file content into a LONGCHAR using COPY-LOB.
  2. Replace the text using the REPLACE function.
  3. Using the Copy-lob statement again, copy the LONGCHAR to the file conntent.
Question is: Why would using an editor widget on an AppServer fail to work? Is it because the AppServer is running in batch mode?

I have version 3.3.3 of PDFInclude. Who is currently maintaining this code because it looks like it has not be touched for year?

punterweger

The person who wrote the code was killed in a motorcylce accident a couple of years back. No one has been maintaining PDFinclude. Also, if you are using PDF verions 8 of greater than you will need to save the files as version 7 or earilier.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Actually, Gordon Campbell, the original developer of PDFInclude, died of cancer in May of 2006.

There is still a forum on the PEG for it and it is available from OE Hive where there are comments and help available.