OE Broker fails to start SQL server

altakupula

Hello 4Everyone!!

So guys I'm Brazilian and use progress 10.1b. Today I try connect in progress database with ODBC using files "base, openedge, pool, spy and util.jar" on my libs.
So the first connect is perfect but I has more that one database to connect and here begin my problem... after try connect in database in one 64bits linux plataform I take this msg "OE Broker fails to start SQL server"... so I know that I'm try connect with 32bits plataform In 64bits plataform but I take and put files (base, openedge, pool, spy and util.jar) in my libs buts dont work...

Any good soul to help me... sry for my wrong english but I really need help.

Tnks 4all.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
How do you connect to the databases? What kind of application do you use?
Are are you encountering the problems already with testconnect of the DSN?

In 10.1B it is possible to connect to multiple databases on the same machine, are all datbases on the same machine, do they all use the same Progress version?

A 32 bit product runs perfectly well on a 64 bit OS.
We have no trouble using odbc to connect to multiple databases on 64Bit AIX with 32 bit Progress.

Casper.

altakupula

Hellooo
I'm back here to say about solution of my problem.

I just switch my server for a Suse 64 bits Plataform and "It Work" ( how apache lolz ) Fine and Great

Tnks for u Answer my friend

BB GL and Good Bless US

Topic CLOSED by ME!

oldemanw

For what is worth, I had a similar problem, but managed to solve it.
Installed OpenEdge 10.1B03 on Fedora 12, but could not connect to the SQL server using sqlexp (on local machine). It turned out that OpenJDK was the issue. I replaced it with Sun's JRE, then I was able to run my queries through sqlexp.
The steps I followed can be found on http://fedorasolved.org/browser-solutions/java-i386

My 2 cents for today :)

Ah... One more thing: I had to reinstall OpenEdge to ensure the proper path to java.