OE Arcitect

shireeshn

I have installed OE2A, I want to use OE Arcitect. Is this good then Editor and Appbuilder.

If Good , then plz tell how to go head with arcitect. no cvs is there in my arcitect, how to link cvs?

I want to start my application. i dont know where to give my ini file and startup procedure.

Can anybody help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
The first question is whether you have a license for it. OEA is a separately licensed product.

RealHeavyDude

Most people I know prefer OE Architect over the AppBuilder. That does not mean that the OE Architect is the best thing for everybody.

If you maintain legacy code which was generated in the AppBuilder then you need to be careful. Most of the "fancy" functionality in the AppBuilder (the section editor for example) are based on instructions which are generated into the code as comments and are interpreted by the AppBuilder :(. If you fiddle with them or accidentally delete them you won't be able to open your source code in the section editor again.

Especially, if you develop applications based on ADM2 or Dynamics you might consider to stay with the AppBuilder.

Other than that I don't see any reason to not switch to the OE Architect although the OE Architect (as well as any other development environment I happen to be familiar with) has it's issues.

HTH, RealHeavyDude.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
The question is: What do you want to do with it?

Like RHD said: if you are using adm/adm2 or legacy appbuilder code then it might be handy to use the appbuilder.
If you have no restrictions go for eclipse. There are lots of nice things you can do with it.

Casper.

RealHeavyDude

Just to add to it:

If you decide to stay with the AppBuilder you will miss a lot of functionality that you expect to be there in a mondern development environment. There is a sort of cure: You can enhance the functionality of the AppBuilder dramatically with ABHack which is available for download from PSDN.

HTH, RealHeavyDude.