Question OE 11 any of the icons not working properly

Hi,

I have installed OE11 and done some program compile . For this purpose, I went to protools and changed the propath and added new directories into the propath.

After that when I try to open any of the components(App Builder, Edit Or even prowin.exe), it is showing an error _prostar.p not connected with Database. We have a procedure name _prostar.p however , it should not include in any of the standard progress propath. It seems like it is reading a wrong propath or previously stored propath from startup itself. How can I clear this ? I could not acess any of the tools to assign the standard PROPATH because of this error.

TIA
Philip

RealHeavyDude

Every ABL session needs an INI which contains the PROPATH setting. Most likely these PROPATH setting is messed up. If you don't specify anything ( like -basekey and -ininame ) you'll find it in the registry ( HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PSC\Progress\<yourVersion>\Startup - PROPATH ). Otherwise you will find it either under a different registry key ( -basekey ) or the file you specified ( -ininame can also point to a file, but the registry takes precedence ). Look it up and you should be able to see whether your PROPATH is messed up.

Personally I don't like the Windows registry much - therefore I always specify -basekey "INI" ( means file ) and -ininame <path-to-my-ini-file>.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude