ODBC Driver

aschwitzer

I am looking for an ODBC Driver for the Icas Pacesetter version of Progress. I am looking into writing dynamic code using ColdFusion or the like to allow customers to see our products and possibly order them and to allow employees to navigate the database online.

I am in the early stages of this idea so I am open to suggestions of all types. I have seen places where Progress wants an absurd amount of money for the ODBC Drivers. Icas Pacesetter wants $500 for the driver and I just can't justify spending that much just to tinker with and find out if this is something we should further consider.

Does anyone know where I can find this driver at a reasonable price to experiment with?

Thank you in advance,

Aaron

jongpau

Hi Aaron,

The driver you need depends on your Progress version.

You can (or at least could, I have not done that fora few years now) download trial versions of drivers from *I think* Merant or DataDirect (not sure if all Progress versions are still supported).

If you have Progress version 9, you may already have the ODBC driver, since Progress supplies ODBC drivers with their version 9 product (not sure about Unix).

If you have questions regarding ODBC drivers, you can best contact the Progress office in your country (see http://www.progress.com).