ODBC driver for clent only.

bnstaylor

Hi,

Is is possible to install just the Progress ODBC driver components without having to install the whole Progress client package.

Thanks.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I'm not aware of the driver being available as a separately-licensed item, in fact I'm almost positive it isn't, unless you swung a one-off deal with your Progress rep.

What is your constraint? In other words, what do you want to do with the just the driver installed that you can't do with a full client install and the driver? (Not including, of course, using up one less Progress client license.)

bnstaylor

I'm not aware of the driver being available as a separately-licensed item, in fact I'm almost positive it isn't, unless you swung a one-off deal with your Progress rep.

What is your constraint? In other words, what do you want to do with the just the driver installed that you can't do with a full client install and the driver? (Not including, of course, using up one less Progress client license.)

Thx for that Rob,

we are currently in the processing of contacting our rep to determine if we need licences for each instance of a client. We are in need of the driver for various EXCEL dashboards the business has written.

Regards, Barry.

RealHeavyDude

In Progress V9 there used to be an SQL92 client access license that you could purchase. That's exactly what you mean. But, I have no glue if that is still the case with modern releases of OpenEdge. As you are talking about ODBC, AFAIK there are just some dll's that you need to register - but I don't know exactly which. For Java is plain simple, it's just a few jar files that you need in the classpath.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.