Not printing at all from XP & ME

tdi

Progress Fan
Hi there.

Once again troubles with printers.

This time is to see if anyone has seen this before.

My report makes

output to value(config.printer) ** or something, and config.printer happens to resolve to LPT1.

and when done, the little printer icon on the taskbar, shows the printer working, even, the window where you can see the job while it's printed, shows the task and goes fast, as if it were actually printed.

things i keep in mind from previous threads.
1) there is indeed an output close.
2) i've changed the lpt port to every type available, from ECP, EPP, BiDir, Compatible, etc, using, trying to use and not using ints, everything, but no...

any help?,... please?... :err:

Thanks.

Jorge Octavio

tdi

Progress Fan
I've checked, but no. HHEELLPP!!!

Hi, thanks for answering, but saddly, i've to respond that all the reports have a PAGE.

Now this thing is getting critical....

does anybody could help me? :blue:

thanks.

tdi

Progress Fan
I've found it, well something like that

Hi.

I post this so there will remain an archive, for when somebody gets the same trouble.

Trying to make the printing, i changed the print processor to the printer's own print processor.
I this case, i had a Lexmark, and changed from winprint to lexmark jetprint pprocessor. Winprint seems to be the default in xp, but when you install the printer, it gets assigned to the winprint by default.

Still, there is remaining the trouble that the printout is printed with proportional font face, so i gets missalligned, but i will check on lexmark's site to see if i can found somethig.

I use the proprint routine.

The port is setted to ECP on the compaq, and in windows gets installed the ecp driver.