Monitor read/write on nxt_###.d1

kblackwel

Hello,

Currently we're running progress 9.1D and will over the next 5 months upgrade to 10. But, we are certainly having performance issues and I'm not sure what is the best way to visually present the read/write data so I can determine which tables are getting hit the hardest on our system.

I've looked at protop (seems to be what I want), promon, and have seen Openedge Performance monitor ( but :( on the $$$$$) but would like some comments on what the community is using to graph this information if that is indeed being done. Protop has a GUI which we would like to use, but can't untill we upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Note that, if you can upgrade the license on one station now, you can use the new GUI ProTop from there to attach to a 9.x database. I've even done this over a WAN VPN, although that gets pretty slow. Not every feature works, of course, since not all the VSTs are there, but the ones that are meaningful work just fine.

And, that would give you a place to do test compiles and the like in preparation for the move. Not to mention the training and educational value.