Microsoft Web Browser OCX

Hi All,

Has anyone used this control yet? I have added the OCX to a window and can drag n drop a HTML file from my desktop onto the window and it displays fine. The problem is I do not want the user to have to drag the file, I want to be able to programatically load a Local HTML file into the browser.

If anyone can give me some ideas, or point me to somewhere that I can find some information it would be really appreciated.

Thanx you in advance for any help offered.

Cya.

This line of code will do the trick.

<webOCX_COM-HANDLE>:navigate(<WEB PAGE>)

e.g.

chweb:WebBrowser:navigate("q:\\pages\\example.htm")

More information can be found using the Progress Object Viewer tool in DLC\\BIN called proobjvw.exe and loading the OCX component shdocvw.dll (in windows or windows system directory).

Hope this helps

:awink:

Jon

Thank you very much Jon for all your help mate, this has given me a start. I was almost there, I had just forgotten the chCtrlFrame reference before the WebBrower.

Once again thanx mate.

rolmedo

Hello,
I'm using this OCX but I can't use the methods, can you show me an example of using methods of this component please ?

Thanks

Rodrigo

This line of code will do the trick.

<webOCX_COM-HANDLE>:navigate(<WEB PAGE>)

e.g.

chweb:WebBrowser:navigate("q:\\pages\\example.htm")

More information can be found using the Progress Object Viewer tool in DLC\\BIN called proobjvw.exe and loading the OCX component shdocvw.dll (in windows or windows system directory).

Hope this helps

:awink:

Jon

eMe

well, i'll post it here too

Hi,

I've got a window built with AppBuilder 10.0B in which I want to show a Flash from an URL. This window is quite simple, It works fine in my computer, I've still got installed IE version 6.

I just put the URL in the Browser:

wbBrowser = chControl( whWbBrowser ).
wbBrowser:Navigate ("http://www.panelsms.com/patricio/banner%20plataforma.swf").

The problem comes when clients open that window and they've got installed IE 7, the error is a IE window error which says that cannot open the script. This is the Source code that I get when I open the flash in a new window:

<html><head><script src="res://mshtml.dll/objectembed.js"></script> <script language="javascript">var objectSource="http://www.panelsms.com/patricio/banner%20plataforma.swf"; </script> </head><body onload="ObjectLoad();" leftmargin=0 topmargin=0 scroll=no> <form id="objectDestination"></form> </body></html>

I think the problem is something with popup windows or security in the IE...

does anyone know how can i fix the problem?

Thanks!