MFG/PRO Connection via GS Telnet

symelt

I have MFG/PRO Version 9 running on My Compaq 8000 Servers with Windows NT 4.0 Platforms and handles about 60 Users.

Most of the user are connect to MFG/PRO Servers via Telnet using GS (Georgia SoftWorks) Telnet.
We are already set the telnet connection via GS_Telnet about 100 Connection/Session that servers can handles.

but when the connection/session reach 33 in GS_Telnet then suddenly the server performance become very-very slow and at the end the server is hanging and MFG/PRO Database are crash.
Then we must restart the server with cold boot option (Power Down the Server then turn on again). This is disaster for us, sometime it happen 2 - 3 times a day.

Anyone have solution or suggestion with above my problems, I would be appreciated. Thanks for your reply in advance.

tburtovoy

I have had similar issue with GS Telnet Server. In my case, the issue was that often, disconnected sessions on the server did not completely disconnect all associated processes (like _progres.exe and any commands related to it in your startup scripts, like cmd.exe, pause, choice.exe, etc).. so the stranded processes hang around, eventually consume all server resources and crash the machine.

I resolved my issues by writing a script to kill these processes nightly when everybody was off and then restart the GS services (net stop/net start). You just need to download some freeware commandline stuff like pskill.exe or pv.exe which as similar to the Unix PS command. Be careful though, you dont want to kill database server processes like _mprosrv.exe if you are running databases on the same server as the GS service.