Load Statement

jongpau

Hi All,

I am trying to use the LOAD statement in a Sun Solaris Character Client (9.1B and/or 9.1C). For some reason (note I have never tried to use LOAD in TTY before), Progress comes up with the message "LOAD of <ini file> failed (4450)".

I am sure the file exists AND that Progress should be able to find it (it sits in my work directory).

When I use LOAD on exactly the same ini file in GUI, everything works just fine.

Isn't the LOAD statement supported in Character Progress? Or should I do something else to make this work (I have written some procedures that run on an AppServer and it all works fine on a Windows based AppServer, but cannot get it to work on UNIX because it does not load the ini file)?

I checked the Knowledge Base and also read the e-docs on LOAD, but could not find anything stating it does not work in Character Progress.

Hope someone can shed some light on this (I am VERY much in the dark).

Reading my copy of the 9.1B documentation it list LOAD as Interfaces - All, OS - Windows only.

USE has the same restrictions.

I suspect this is the problem! It doesn't suprise me totally since Unix boxes don't have registries and LOAD and USE are primarily aimed at Registry entries (though as you point out they work with ini files).

You'll probably have to do something with pre-processors to take this out on Windows and use another method of sorting this.

Maybe OS-GETENV would help?

jongpau

Thanks, must not have been reading properly. For some reason I would have expected Progress to have created their own "LOAD" for UNIX, but unfortunately I am (we are) not so lucky.

Guess that means that I will have to either write my own LOAD function, or change to using XML or something like that (it's a bit too much for OS-GETENV).

Anyway, thanks again.