Java and Progress

Is there an introductory document on how Progress works with Java?
I see java in the Progress Install directory but am not sure how or when its used?

gcampbell

The Java libaries within the install are for running Progress processes (such as Webspeed Agents or Progress Exploder).

As far as Progress working with Java, there is no nice way like there is with utilizing DLL or Shared libraries.

The simplest way is to utilize Java classes via command line calls ie: use OS-COMMAND or INPUT THROUGH and access the java binary. For example, OS-COMMAND SILENT("java -cp Text2PDF ~"mytextfile.txt~" ~"mypdffile.pdf~"").

John Green at www.joanju.com has a JVM loader that makes the instantiation of the java binary. I've never used it but you may want to look into that ... or not.

Later,
Gordon

Web Speed

We have run Infor's SX.e CHUI ERP system, also use Webspeed but it runs on servers with Linux OS. I was wondering if Java was being used to help run Webspeed. If so is there a Java Service that runs, is there something that connects to the Name-Server, like AppServers do. I see in the ubroker.properties file are Java based parameters. I just wondering how it all fits togather. Speaking of properties file, is there a manual/documentation on what all the parameters mean in the ubroker.property file?