Invalid Ignore list

c_verbiest

On most post I get the message :

This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click

As far as I can remember I have never added anyone to an ignore list.

Is there a way to clear the complete ignore list ?

Crittar

I've been into my profile and checked my ignore list - it seems to be empty. I've no idea at all why this message should have suddenly started appearing.

Crittar

Observation

I've been doing a little looking around and its seems that the message about the user being on the ignore list is only presented when the user is unregistered!

Is this progresstalk trying to encourage people to register perhaps?

Emma

but isn't it more of a pain to us than to the none registered user? They may only post once a blue moon, but registered users tend to at least view posts regularly. i know i do, and the message will become a little annoying if we have to specifically chose to read a post.

Crittar

I agree Emma - but don't see what we can do about it.

I suspect that the thinking may be that if unregistered users don't get their queries answered they may register. Still proves to be a real pain to those of us who have.

Perhaps a better solution would have been to make all registered users be "ignored" to unregistered.

jongpau

Hi all,

:chat: It's good to see I am not the only one experiencing this problem!

I first encountered it early this morning (Australian time) and have - after checking my ignore list (not that I ever used it) - sent an email about it...

Btw.. it's not just with the Unregistered folks that the message appears.... Try doing a Search for something and open any thread that comes up in your search results.... you'll see that the message also appears for registered users.... I tried to search for "Browse AND WebClient".... clicked on the first thread listed and voila.... all postings in the thread had the message.

Funny thing was that when I opened a thread from the search results that I have made a posing in the registered users appeared as normal....

Makes me suspect that ProgressTalk may be powered by Progress and someone installed an unstable patch :clown:

Crittar

Jongpau,

It seems even stranger:

I did what you suggested with the search, examined several of the retrieved threads and found that in some all users were "ignored", in some only unregistered users were "ignored" and in others some registered users were "ignored" and others were not!

I have not yet found a single example of an unregistered user who is not "ignored".

jongpau

Chris,

Looks like the only things that should have a message like that (but unfortunately don't) are the banner adds :awink:

Perhaps ProgressTalk should call Progress Technical Support:roll:
Maybe an index rebuild on the database may help? Perhaps a complete dump and load will do the trick? Wait for the next release, in which it will probably be fixed (and NO, there is NO workaround).:roll:

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about this....

I just upgraded PHP on the server to version 4.2.0, and it looks like this caused this 'bug' to appear. I will work on getting this fixed now. :)

jongpau

Thanks Chris, that would be greatly appreciated.... hope you can get it fixed :)

I hope you did not mind the last few posts.... was just trying to make some fun.... I (and I think a lot of others) appreciate ProgressTalk.com!

Paul

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Oh no problem at all.... I try to keep as up-to-date with the web server, and sometimes this means I'm the first to see new bugs.... I try to catch them when I install new things, but this one slipped though. I do appreciate you guys letting me know so I can get it fixed as soon as possible though, and I don't mind the comments at all :)

Crittar

Thanks Chris, it's much appreciated!

I, for one, would be lost without progresstalk. Kepp up the good work.

:roll: