Index problem

scobad

Hi - I'm a new member so pardon me if this should have been posted under another forum.

One of our customers receives this error message:

Unable to locate index 'default' on table "FeTextType" for
procedure 'fep00500 (7967)

I have checked that the development db is identical with the production db. Any suggestion on how I can solve this ?

Marcello

Hi,

Progress says if you have two database with same structure is not neccessery to recompile your application, but sometimes if I want to use object from another environment I receive this kind of messages also. It's gone (for me) after the recompilation.

istvan

Hi Marcello,

first of all, it seems you didn't create an index on table "FeTextType". I suggest that you always create at least on index for each table. If you don't create an index progress automatically creates one with the name default. I don't know for sure but maybe someone deleted this default index. I never tried this myself and I'm not sure if it's possible.

The development and the production database aren't the same. When procedure 'fep00500' was compiled it found 'default' index. In the production environment this index is missing.

The best thing you can do is create a new index in both environments and compile all sources in the development env. and copy the compiled files to the production env. This way both environments are the same.

scobad

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I have checked the df file for the production db and it seems that the index exists there. Extract from the df file

ADD INDEX "TextTypeID" ON "FeTextType"
AREA "Schema Area"
PRIMARY
INDEX-FIELD "iTextTypeId" ASCENDING

What can be wrong ... :-(

Originally posted by Henri de Vos
Hi Marcello,

first of all, it seems you didn't create an index on table "FeTextType". I suggest that you always create at least on index for each table. If you don't create an index progress automatically creates one with the name default. I don't know for sure but maybe someone deleted this default index. I never tried this myself and I'm not sure if it's possible.

The development and the production database aren't the same. When procedure 'fep00500' was compiled it found 'default' index. In the production environment this index is missing.

The best thing you can do is create a new index in both environments and compile all sources in the development env. and copy the compiled files to the production env. This way both environments are the same.

That's strange because the error raises on index 'default' and not on index 'TextTypeID'. Do you have index 'default' in your development environment? And what about index 'TextTypeID'?

Henri