How to install or how I can use ablJSON?

rcgomez11

Progress Version: Openedge 10.1C
License: OE Studio
Platform: Windows 7 Professional x64

ProgressTalkers,
Good day to you all.
I want to make a module that grabs data from my database and present it as a valid JSON. Downloaded ablJSON parser and just follow its installation wizard but after that I don't how to make those sample .p's running.
I know this problem of mine is just a piece of cake to you guys, kindly lighten me about this matter.
Thanks in advance and hope I make myself clear about my problem.

Sincerely,
Romel Gomez

Marian EDU

Progress Version: Openedge 10.1C
License: OE Studio
Platform: Windows 7 Professional x64

ProgressTalkers,
Good day to you all.
I want to make a module that grabs data from my database and present it as a valid JSON. Downloaded ablJSON parser and just follow its installation wizard but after that I don't how to make those sample .p's running.
I know this problem of mine is just a piece of cake to you guys, kindly lighten me about this matter.
Thanks in advance and hope I make myself clear about my problem.

Sincerely,
Romel Gomez

Guess you downloaded the installer from sourceforge.net, normally if you have any issues with a project hosted there you should try to use the forum in place (Discussion tab) just because it's easier for the contributors to respond :)

The installer should also include some sample files, what you need to do to get started is to put the {install_dir}/abl in your propath and then open one of the sample files in {install_dir}/test (testWriter.p or testWriterTT.p).

rcgomez11

Yeah...actually, I figured it out a minute after I post this thread. Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate you for the ablJson you've done. I'm currently on the process of making myself comfortable on the module, thanks marian and keep up the good work. Thanks again.