How to Find Expert Progress Developer

chris708

I was wondering if someone could help me. Do you know of an organization or web-site like this where I can find Expert Progress Developers? I don't even know if I am permitted to post here (sorry in advance if I am not). I need three high level consultants and have no idea where to look. National job boards like Monster and DICE are no help. Thanks in advance. Chris Lorenz 800-871-8025

Ach

The most popular site for Progress developers is www.peg.com. It has a distribution system and sends e-mails to Progress experts about job openings and most of them (who are available) check that site for jobs. Most of the Progress relared job advertisements are posted on that site.

xensys

Hi Chris,

I see your post is a little dated, but if you are still looking for some experts in Progress we might be able to help you out.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
There are probably a number of us who could help ... but in order to actually find an expert, one ought to read the various forums that are available related to the subject and find out who is giving the good advice.

There is also the question of expert in what. The Progress world includes a lot of areas of complexity and specialization theses days. In 1986 I might have been able to pretend to know it all, but no one can these days.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Keep in mind too that if you aren't willing to pay expert rates you aren't very likely to get actual experts. Far too many recruiters put out "requirements" along the lines of "need three high level consultants" and then balk at paying a realistic rate for them. The results of that are fairly predictable -- many of those "experts" turn up online looking for help shortly thereafter...