How can I setup Apache with WebSpeed Linux RedHat?

rrojo7229

Friends,

I installed Apache 2.2.8 and WebSpeed Trans Svr 91E in Linux ES release 3 RedHat.

When I try run the WebSpeed cgiip in the browser I got this error message:

"Unable to open message file: promsgs"

I do not know if I can set up environment variable in the apache, I tried put into httpd.conf file, but I still got the same error message in the Web browser.

What I need to do?

Thanks indeed.
Kind Regards,
Ricardo Olguin

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Apache has not much to do with an error generated by the transaction server or messenger.
I never install WebSpeed transaction server on the webserver. But saying that it should no problem doing so.
Do you also have adminserver running on the same machine? Is there also an error in the server.log or broker.log file?

I suspect you got a problem with messenger. Could you verify it is installed correctly and if the promsgs file is actually there or even better install it again?

Casper.

rrojo7229

Casper,

Thanks one more time,

Yeah, the AdminServer is running.

That message appears without put the broker, I mean I trying run the cgiip in the browser and I got that message, that way:

http://devel/cgi-bin/cgiip

msgOpen: unable to open message file: promsgs

In the AdminServ.log does not appear messages with relation at WebSpeed.

It is showed messages about Appservers that it is running in the same Name Server NS1.

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Ricardo Olguin

Apache has not much to do with an error generated by the transaction server or messenger.
I never install WebSpeed transaction server on the webserver. But saying that it should no problem doing so.
Do you also have adminserver running on the same machine? Is there also an error in the server.log or broker.log file?

I suspect you got a problem with messenger. Could you verify it is installed correctly and if the promsgs file is actually there or even better install it again?

Casper.

yoachan

I'm using RHEL AS 4, and Apache v1xx with webspeed. But I don't have any cgiip here. I know cgiip.exe only on windows version. But on linux version i only found wspd_cgi.sh script instead of cgiip.
You can check this wspd_cgi.sh on your apache's script alias folder. (open httpd.conf file and find ScriptAlias)

edit: And on PROGRESS instalation, choose cgi-compatible for webserver type.

About 'Unable to open message file: promsgs'
usually I added
Code:
DLC=[your dlc(progress install) path]
PROMSGS=$DLC/promsgs
export DLC PROMSGS
on /etc/rc.local and /etc/profile.

Sorry if it's OT. but hope it's help.

Casper

Staff member
Sorry if it's OT. but hope it's help.
Totally not OT :)

rrojo:
Default location is /var/www/cgi-bin.
PROMSGS and DLC is set in this file.
Configure it with option 2 to include the name of the broker.

Casper

rrojo7229

Hi Lads,

Thanks indeed for your help, it is working now using "wspd_cgi.sh" instead of "cgiip".

But, just one more thing all the Pages from Workshop are coming up without images...

I am new in Apache Settings and trying create aliases in the httpd.conf but it looks like doesn't make efect.

DocumentRoot "/bcp/dlc/webspeed/workshop"

<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Directory>

Alias /webspeed31D/ "/bcp/dlc/webspeed/"

<Directory "/bcp/dlc/webspeed">
Options Indexes MultiViews
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /images/ "/bcp/dlc/webspeed/images/"

<Directory "/bcp/dlc/webspeed/images/">
Options Indexes MultiViews
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Somebody has examples or ideas?

Thanks indeed.

Kind Regards,
Ricardo Olguin

Totally not OT :)

rrojo:
Default location is /var/www/cgi-bin.
PROMSGS and DLC is set in this file.
Configure it with option 2 to include the name of the broker.

Casper

Casper

Staff member
You just need to point wsRoot in the UBroker.WS section of the ubroker.properties file of the messenger to the place where webspeed is installed.

from the ubroker.properties file:
#
# In support of WebSpeed Static html/gif files just the
# wsRoot property is needed in the [UBroker] section
#
[UBroker]
infoVersion=9010
[UBroker.WS]
wsRoot=/webspeed101B

Casper.

yoachan

Hi there.
I dont know Apache's deep config. But usually I create a folder '/www/html' for my DocumentRoot (by default it's in /var/www/html). I'm putting my progress related code such as htm/html, i, and p files on my Progress' WorkDir (u can configure it from [DLC]/properties/ubroker.properties), and any html related files such as images, CSSs, JavaScripts placed on webserver's DocumentRoot. So the only config that I did for my Apache just DocumentRoot and ScriptAlias (where your wspd_cgi.sh file placed).

If you want ur webtools images to be displayed just copy folder 'webspeedxxx/images' to your webserver's DocumentRoot. xxx here represent ur webspeed's version. On progress' instalation ur asked wether u want to copy webspeed webtools to your webserver's DocumentRoot or not. If you choose 'YES' you will find 'webspeedxxx' folder on your DocumentRoot.

Hope it helps and doesn't make u even more confused :)

Regards
YoChan

sridevi.stalin

Dear Friend,
If you got "Unable to open....", might be problem in ".ini" file (initialization file) propath may be wrong, check the propath settings in that .ini file which you are using to run your application.
and for "apache"- I know configuration for WindowsXP.
Friends,

I installed Apache 2.2.8 and WebSpeed Trans Svr 91E in Linux ES release 3 RedHat.

When I try run the WebSpeed cgiip in the browser I got this error message:

"Unable to open message file: promsgs"

I do not know if I can set up environment variable in the apache, I tried put into httpd.conf file, but I still got the same error message in the Web browser.

What I need to do?

Thanks indeed.
Kind Regards,
Ricardo Olguin