Help With Replication

pcc9011

I am new to this group and very new to progress. I am an Oracle DBA thrown onto a progress project. I need some help/Ideas. Here is the problem. Were a running progress version 7.3 on AIX in production right now and are movein to 9.x on Solaris. So far all is good data migration etc.. The problem is I have to find some way to replicate data from the Soloris to The AIX in case we need to rollback. I am tasked to find a way to keep these DB's in "sync" when we rollout, so if we need to we can jump right back to the AIX.

AI- wont work because of version/platform difference right?
REP Trigs- 7.3C does not support the RAW datatype and I have no clue how to code them..
Dynamic Export takes to long

Anyone have any tricks/Ideas?

mav

Have you researched into the possibilty of doing an online backup of the AIX DB transfering it onto the solaris box.

just a thought

QUOTE=pcc9011]I am new to this group and very new to progress. I am an Oracle DBA thrown onto a progress project. I need some help/Ideas. Here is the problem. Were a running progress version 7.3 on AIX in production right now and are movein to 9.x on Solaris. So far all is good data migration etc.. The problem is I have to find some way to replicate data from the Soloris to The AIX in case we need to rollback. I am tasked to find a way to keep these DB's in "sync" when we rollout, so if we need to we can jump right back to the AIX.

AI- wont work because of version/platform difference right?
REP Trigs- 7.3C does not support the RAW datatype and I have no clue how to code them..
Dynamic Export takes to long

Anyone have any tricks/Ideas?[/QUOTE]