Hello progress geniuses!!

eraspberry

I am new to progress and nxtrend. I have to learn so pretty hardcore stuff fairly quickly. I want to start off by saying hello to everyone. I've been in IT for more than 10 years now and never knew anything about Progress or Nxtrend. I am a new hire at a company that promised me training in the first weeks of my date of hire October 9th and today is February 23rd. I have yet to receive it. sigh. SO I've got to do something here on my own.

I have a quick initial question for any Sx.Enterprise users. We currently use version 4.0 GUI and this is the most cumbersome, non-intuitive application I've ever used. :confused: Here's my question:

While trying to ship a product I receieve this message:
"Cannot process, serial or lot number not fully allocated/overallocated 5847"

I know what this means, but I don't know how to fix.

Please help me!:)

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
You will probably have more luck posting on the NxTrend forum, although I notice that that forum is not exactly lively. If you don't get a response there, you could try PEG, although the Trend forum there was closed due to lack of activity. After that it is down to reading code. I.e., find the place in the code where that message is produced and see what it is testing.

eraspberry

Thanks for the response. I started to post on the NxTrend forum but as you indicated it's dead. So I thought I'd try my luck here.

But anyways, thatnk you.:)

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
... you could try PEG, although the Trend forum there was closed due to lack of activity.

Actually I think it is more accurate to say that Greg consolidated all of the various Infor products under a single banner.

It is true that there isn't a lot of activity. But there is some traffic.