Experience with Crystal XI, anyone?

OhDjee

Hi there,

We are currently using Progress v9.1d with Crystal Reports 9 for both report viewing as for high volume printing. I was wandering if anyone got any experience with Crystal (server) XI, in combination with Progress v9 or 10.
Does anyone use CR XI for high volume printing?
Did anyone upgrade from CR 9 to XI and what are the advantages, which problems did you encounter.
Of course I already read the Crystal XI documentation, but I hope to get some feedback from users/developers who are using Crystal.

Thanks,

Oh Djee.

BONO

Hello,
We use both V9 and XI of crystal reports. For progress compatibility in execution you need some update with V9.1D (for left outer join) and you'll need to find it on KBase.
to use crystal viewer in progress windows u need progress 9.1E04 because progress 9.1e without patch disallow ocx crystal integration.

Advantage of CR XI : Integration of dynamic picture, graphical interface and some corrections.

HTH

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
abit off topic, but i was wondering if anyone here is using excel as a more complete reporting solution, other then simple spreadsheet reports.

using any of the following features - pivot table, pivot charts or both combined, excels offline olap cubes, web enabled reports. and additionally using web queries, using xml, csv or other data sources besides sql ?

i'm planning on looking into these features for a future project. one of the obvious advantages is how ubiquitous ms office is for the corporate clients i do work for.