Error SQLSTATE: HY000 ERRORCODE: 0

bhilario

Greetings All,

Please see error message below my name.
I receive this error when using CastIron's SequeLink JDBC Driver to update a Progress table row.

Is parameter 9 referencing a column in the table I am updating?
OR what am I missing here?

Please advise.

Thank you.
Blas (Bud) G. Hilario

Error SQLSTATE: HY000 ERRORCODE: 0 Error Message: [CastIron Systems][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Data type for parameter 9 has changed since first SQLExecute call.

timhowarduk

Hi

Internally, SQLExecute is the odbc api call used to execute a prepared SQL statement. For maximum efficiency it can be called many times with different parameters.

Unless you code in c++ it's quite rare to need to know about this these days, as most higher level languages take care of this for you.

SO, my guess is that it It looks like the statement is being prepared, the parameter is being setup with one datatype, a correct value is being passed, and SQLExecute is being called...
THEN the parameter is being set to an invalid value and SQLExecute is being called.

Are you running the database on unix/linux or windows? In either case you can setup an odbc trace to find out exactly what is going on.
Either turn on tracing in Adminstrative Tools / Datasources or add Trace=yes and Tracefile=<filename> to /etc/odbc.ini as appropriate.

If that doesn't help post some more detail about exactly what you are doing, which language you are using on what platform.

Also, are you sure you are only updating one row, it looks like there must be at least two rows involved here.

Tim