Drag and Drop Files

stokefc22

Hi All,
I recently discovered the drop-target\drop-file-notify\get-dropped-file methods and attributes(old news I know but hey!!).

So I've managed to create a simple form with a button to drop files onto and open them up, great!

But my first issue comes when I try and drop an email directly from outlook onto my button, a kind of no-entry symbol pops up to indicate its not accepted does anyone know if this can be done?

Ultimately I would like to drop an email with an attachment onto the button and then do something with the attachment but that maybe for another day!!

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much in the way of documentation around for this subject :(

Any advice would be greatly received...

Im using a 64bit windows 7 machine with openedge 10.2b service pack 3.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I've not seen a solution for this. Our users have to save the email off to disk first before dropping onto the screen. Clunky.

stokefc22

Hhhmm what a shame. We have a sister company that has done this but I know they are using .net stuff so maybe it is possible with architect and .net. Was hoping I could avoid asking them :D

Nordm8

Hi, i am using Drag&Drop to copy files and automatically store them in an archive called Docuware.
This works fine with files on desktop or filesystem but not out of outlook.

So the problem is to drag mails ( with attachment ) onto that buttons and get them stored.

Its like stoke said in the first post --> kind of no entry symbol.

Regards Nord

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
GET-DROPPED-FILE returns a file name. An e-mail message is an object, not a file, unless you save it in the file system.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
No, not with the tools built into Progress. It's possible there are OCXs for the job though.