Downloading 10.1B Database Install

aug1516

I have noticed that when I login to my Progress Download Center the only versions I can download are the latest versions of each major revision. What I mean is that I have 10.1C available but not 10.1A or 10.1B. I also have 10.0B available but not 10.0A, etc. One of our developers is trying to get a 10.1B database running to test an older program and I am not sure how to do that. I tried using our 10.1C codes with a downloaded 10.1B install (Not from Progress Download Center) but they don't seem to be backwards compatible. Has anyone had any success getting older versions of the software? Is this something we have to go through a Progress Rep for?

RealHeavyDude

The control codes are only valid for the version they are issued for. There is no way to successfully use OpenEdge 10.1c control codes against OpenEdge 10.1b.

Additionally: At least, that's what I've been told from a Progress sales rep. But on the other hand, an awful lot of them don't understand their own licensing model: As soon as you use the next version of the product which is under maintenance you are not allowed anymore to use the previous version ...

TechSupport could provide you the download on their FTP site - but I think you need to contact your Progress sales rep upfront so that he advises their infamous customer center to tell them.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Stefan

If you have a PSDN license then you are only licensed to the latest versions. You can purchase 'add-on' licenses for older versions.

Any reason you need to use 10.1B for the database? Why not simply use 10.1C?

aug1516

The developers asked for it, not sure why they need it though. I'm guessing they are investigating a bug in an application and want to see if 10.1C is what caused it. Thanks for the info everyone, I will get with our rep.