Disabling window behind

Yohn

Hy,
anyone knows how disable main window on main-program when I cal other program by clicking on button which is on main-program.

thx.

dayv2005

one way to do this is use a dialog instead of a window. What i think he is trying to say is he used a window and wanted to know if there was a way he could make the current window modal that way no other screens could be accessed until that one was closed.

I don't know how to do this but im sure theres a way, whether or not its practical is a diff story. You might be better off re-writing the GUI into a dialog. Basically just copy everything from the window to the new dialog. might need some minor tweaks but should work good.

jongpau

I think you can just hide the main window when you click the button, run the second program with the second window, then on return view the main window again. So, something like this:

on choose of <button> do:
main-window:hidden = yes.
run <program with other window>.
main-window:hidden = no.
end.

Another option could be just to disable the main window and to make the second one a top-only window so it always overlaps the main window. So you would get:

on choose of <button> do:
main-window:sensitive = no.
run <program with other window>.
main-window:sensitive = yes.
end.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Note, however, that modal windows, hiding windows, and dialog boxes are not considered best practice GUI design except when absolutely necessary because they block the user from free use of the application. What happens, for example, to your help desk person who is looking at a dialog box wondering about the right answer when the phone rings and he or she is not able to access the rest of the application to handle the call because of the stupid dialog box.