Desktop2

Paco

Hi All,

We have a desktop2 environment for multiple sites in linux. In desktop2 if the user tries to spool output to a file and the all output files are going under /home/qnetui standard path.
I want to change this and instead the output file will go to each individual user...
suppose if my user id is prabas... and if i take 1.1.15 report to a file then the output file should go to my home path.../home/prabas/ currently its going to /home/qnetui/

Please help meon this.because of this my users are not able to do testing...and i strucked up...:(

Cheers ,
Praba.

oldemanw

We were struggeling with the same problem, it can't be solved.
The reason is that with Desktop, you connect as the desktop user (qnetui) to MFG/Pro, even when you log on to Desktop with your own userid.

nacho

Hi All,

We have a desktop2 environment for multiple sites in linux. In desktop2 if the user tries to spool output to a file and the all output files are going under /home/qnetui standard path.
I want to change this and instead the output file will go to each individual user...
suppose if my user id is prabas... and if i take 1.1.15 report to a file then the output file should go to my home path.../home/prabas/ currently its going to /home/qnetui/

Please help meon this.because of this my users are not able to do testing...and i strucked up...:(

Cheers ,
Praba.

I'm right now dealing with this problem too. Like oldemanw said, QAD desktop connect through the desktop user (in my case, mfgprod, mfgpilo, or mfgdesa, refering to the instance been used that moment).

I find out (reading progresstalk) that global_userid returns the QAD login name that is used by the user, and mfguser returns something like TMPxxxx, like a temporary user id for the application runned at that time (where xxx is a number).

If you find the way to get over this, please let us know.
Thanks!