Deployment of Progress Applications

G. Briggs

Hello,

I have a question about the deployment of Progress applications.
We have 4 people here who develop Progress for a group of about 15 to 20 end-users. Recently, we have started incorporating some extra functionality in our new projects by using a few OCX's and DLL's. However, when we try to run these apps on other machines, we get errors such as "Unable to create control.....The license file for the specified Active-X control was not found". So here's my question...Is there a special installation that we need to do on our end-users machines to be able to run .w files that contain OCX's as a standalone app. ( sort of like running an EXE), or is it possible to run .w 's with OCX's on a standard generic 4GL client installation of Progress.

Thanks for your help,

Grant

P.S. The client machines do have the controls in their Progress/dlc/bin directory and have been registered.

Try putting this line in the [Startup] section of the progress .ini file being used by your end users.
AllowDesignMode=No

Also, have you remembered to distribute the wrx's/wbx's?

G. Briggs

I have made sure the that the OCX's and DLL's are registered. The clients are running the apps off of a shared network drive and the wrx files are present. I haven't tried modifiying the Progress ini. file yet but I will give it a shot.

Thanks for your help.

If you have any other ideas as to what the problem might be, please let me know.

Thanks,

Grant