Delete page in a second smart folder

Jatsad

Hello,

I have a window with a smart folder. Within this smart folder is a tab which displays another smart folder when selected.

I need to be able to delete a page on the second smart folder at startup.

Has anybody done this previously and if so how?

Thanks in advance

RealHeavyDude

You don't tell anything about the Progress/OpenEdge version you are using. Since you are using the term smart folder I guess either you are talking 'bout ADM2 or Dynamics. I am I correct?

Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Jatsad

My apologies RealHeavyDude,

I am using Openedge 10.1A Adm2 and the AppBuilder development environment.

I have attached 2 jpegs which show my problem.
SCC1 shows the top of my application with the tab to be selected - Utilities.
SCC2 shows the second smart folder which is displayed when the Utilities tab is selected.

What I need to do is remove the first three tabs on the second smart folder when certain users run the application.

Thanks again

Attachments

• SCC2.jpg
    SCC2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 20
  • SCC1.jpg
    SCC1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 14

RealHeavyDude

You're welcome - it's just that sharing information makes it easier to help ...

The problem with the ADM2 smart folder is, that it does not support the remove (hide) of folder tabs after the smart folder has been realized as there is no hook for that.

I see one and a half options:

Option 1

Disabling the folder tabs is sufficient. The smart folder has a hook for disabling a given folder tab and it's called disableFolderPage and takes as the input parameter the number of the page. You can run it from within an override of initializeObject (after RUN SUPER) in the container.

Option 1 and 1/2

You can fiddle with the FolderLabels property in an override of createObjects of the container (after RUN SUPER). This property is a pipe-SV list of the folder tab labels you specified at design time. You can change the property (using {get} and {set}) before the smart folder gets initialized. The issue is, that, when you remove a folder label in the middle the page numbers are not correct from then on. You will get an error when you click on the tab of a folder tab after the one you have removed.
But it is possible to customize the ADM2 smart folder so that it can do that.

HTH, RealHeavyDude.