Delete Of File In Progress

Sherlock

Guys,

Changes are afoot at my company, and as such I am now soley responsible for all of our Progress databases and development.

I have finally created a routine which will compile all of our webspeed .htm files into r code when we make a db change, with help from various posts on this site, but I am left with a load of .w's on our server, which I need to delete.

It seems such an obvious day to day task, to delete a file, but I just cannot seem to find any details on how you do this in Progress. Can anyone shed some light please?

cheers,
Lee R.

dkellgren

I'm sure there's more to your question, but have you explored the "OS-DELETE" or the "OS-COMMAND" functions for this?

Sherlock

That worked. Thanks loads.

I had tried the OS-COMMAND but got an error of "OS-COMMAND does not support writing output data to the Web Server. (9210)"

I didn't know about the OS-DELETE command.

Note sure what you mean about there being more to my question though. I am new to working with linex servers, and we have stopped using a contractor for all this stuff, so any tips whatsoever are VERY welcome.

cheers.
Lee R.

dkellgren

I was just hoping that I wasn't missing the "bigger" picture. I actually need to do exactly what you did - recompile WebSpeed code after DB changes. Right now, we have to do so manually... I need an automated task. But I'll worry about that one later!

Glad I could help.