Question DBANALYS not showing its objects

casorohi

Hello everyone,
I need to understand the output of dbanalys:
Actually I observer one the data extent is growing very. to verify the size of tables/index in that area I run the tabanalys but in tabanalysis report the details of that storage area did not appear.
Then I run the dbanalysis and the storage area is appearing in this report, BUT no tables/objects are appearing. While the storage area show the space occupied.

===========================================
PROGRESS Database Analysis

Database: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Blocksize: 8192
RecSpaceSearchDepth: 5

SUMMARY FOR AREA "PUB_MESSAGE" : 12
-------------------------------------------------------
Records Indexes Combined
NAME Size Tot % Size Tot % Size Tot %

-----------------------------------------------------------
Total 327.8M 59.9 219.3M 40.1 547.0M 100.0

===================================================
On querying the _area and its _storageObject which are associated to this area and I found 3 tables with very less numbers of records < 50 and one table is with zero records. tables fields are mostly char and num, no BLOB, CLOB etc.

Please advice me to check the tables in said area and why tables are not appearing tab and dbanalysis report.
Thanks

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. You've shown us the totals (records, indexes, combined) for the entire database, as well as the line "summary for area 12". Are you saying that area 12 is the fast-growing area? And it contains three tables with fewer than 50 records each and an empty table?

First, please tell us your Progress version including service pack. Second, please post the contents of your structure file, within CODE tags. One possibility is that you have an area with a low RPB that contains tables. This will cause fast growth of the area on disk even with relatively few records.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
LOBs can be assigned to reside in a different area to that of the holding table. Is it possible this is happening for you?