Customization in MFG/PRO.

cgdev

We are implementing QAD EB2.1 at one of our locations. And, During the process mapping we are planning to develop a customized program for scheduling the work orders(This would display the wo data in a browser type of format). While browsing the data we would like to allow the users to update the work orders(16.1) / work order routings(16.13.13).

I know we could develop wrapper programs around QAD MFG/PRO Programs.

Now, my question to QAD Technical experts is :

When user selects to update a WO Data in the browse screen by selecting a specific option. I would like to pass the WO Nbr & ID to the standard program proceed to the next screen for updating the data.

Ex:- if user would like to update the WO orders(16.1) then I would simply go to the second screen in 16.1 without allowing user to enter the WO Number & ID when I invoke wowomt.p using gprun.i. or is there any library available which would do the similar function of 16.1 by taking the parameter values.

At this point of time the decision is not to customize/create replica of wowomt.p.

ovf

Hi cgdev,

You can make a on "ENTRY":U trigger where you update the screen-value of wo_nbr and wo_lot of the first screen, and then apply "GO" to the frame.

The only problem in this solution is that QAD are using a READKEY command in wowomt.p (I think), the effect is that the "GO" will not execute until the keyboard has been tuched. And I don't know how to solve that part. I imagine that you could create an external C program, that put's som data in the keyboard buffer!

Regards Ole