Answered Consume Web Service Troubleshooting

tpb1962

Hello,

Using Progress 10.2B.

I am consuming a SSL web service from ABL code. I would like to use Fiddler2 to view the traffic to help troubleshoot some errors I receive. I have it loaded and I can see regular web traffic from a browser. What do I have to do to see the web service call traffic?

Thanks,
T.

RealHeavyDude

Don't know Fiddler2 but I think you need to re-route your Progress session so that it uses Fiddler2 as a proxy. You can do so by specifying the -proxyport / -proxyhost parameter when you start the session. Your setup of Fiddler2 may also require you to use -proxyPasswort / -proxyUserid ...

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

tpb1962

Don't know Fiddler2 but I think you need to re-route your Progress session so that it uses Fiddler2 as a proxy. You can do so by specifying the -proxyport / -proxyhost parameter when you start the session. Your setup of Fiddler2 may also require you to use -proxyPasswort / -proxyUserid ...

Thanks so much! I had dealt with this stuff a few years back and for the life of me could not figure out how to get Progress session to be seen. I just found where I had the settings you mentioned. Slowly coming back to me now.

Thanks,
TPB

tpb1962

You're welcome!

Hi,
I have one other thing with this web service call you might know about. I'm getting a (9082) Invalid child index on a get child. The code works but there is an instance where the service sends and empty tag as <tag/> instead of <tag><tag/> . Can Progress not handle that or is it possibly something with the code. This is when I'm reading the response sent back from the WS.

Thanks,
T.

RealHeavyDude

Without knowing what your code does I can only speculate. As far as I am concerned the tag is <tag/> is valid XML therefore I suppose that the XML parser that Progress uses ( Xerces as far as I know ) does parse it correctly. From your question I'll take it that you parse the XML using DOM. I never use DOM - I always use SAX. But that's my personal preference.