Configuring Webservice

ZAZU

Hi, i'm new here and i'm from Brazil, so please be patient!

Can i deploy a webservice generated by a different Proxygen version?

Thanks

RealHeavyDude

You are welcome!

AFAIK, it should be possible - but I have to admit that I never tried it. Did you try it? Did you hit a particular error message?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

ZAZU

Yes. I get "Failed to parse then WSM file entered: <file path>.wsm. File doesn't contain valid WSM content. Deploy cannot proceed. ", but only when a try to deploy with Openedge 101B.

I have both versions installed, but i can't generate with 101B because i don't have de OE Studio license for this version and i need to configure on 101B because that's the version that my client has.

I noticed that the WSM file comes with tags refering to the version of Proxy Generator, that's when i started to have doubts about that.

Sorry for my english. If i'm not being clear, let me know, i'll try to get help with someone to write for me.

Thanks a lot.

RealHeavyDude

Your English seams okay to me - it is not my first language too ... That is what the knowledge base has to say:
Environment OpenEdge 10.x Question/Problem Description Attempting to deploy a Web Services Application fails Failed to parse the WSM file entered: .wsm File does not contain valid WSM content. Deploy cannot proceed Unable to read WSM file: orderinfo.wsm (10803) Clarifying Information Error Message Defect/Enhancement Number Cause The version of the xerces parser being used by the Web Services Adapter is incorrect Resolution Make sure that the Web Services Adapter is using the version of the xerces parser (xercesImpl.jar) that it installs, which is stored in the "servlets\wsa\WEB-INF\lib" subdirectory, which is in turn located under the Progress installation directory This can be determined by using a utility such as Filemon from Sysinternals{QUOTE]. Don't know if that is of much help. Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Resolution Make sure that the Web Services Adapter is using the version of the xerces parser (xercesImpl.jar) that it installs, which is stored in the "servlets\wsa\WEB-INF\lib" subdirectory, which is in turn located under the Progress installation directory This can be determined by using a utility such as Filemon from Sysinternals
Just one note: that reference is several years old, as Filemon is a retired utility (KB's problem, not RHD's :)) Instead you can use Process Monitor to do the same thing.

There are some different tags in different versions of proxy gen. You can try edit wsm file manually before you deploy it.
Easiest way to identify - export existing web service and check tags.