Configuration of WebSpeed server

U

Unregistered

We had that problem after we installed some patches to our OS (hp-ux 11.0). The we re-installed WebSpeed. Then we found out that we needed to upgrade WebSpeed beyond 9.1B06, to accomodate the OS Patches.

We upgraded to 9.1C, and that resolved the 'busy agents' problem.

However, we still have some pathing issues (.gif's) not displaying in the workshop browser window.

< - - - - A little piece of unsolicited advice - - - - - >

Move away from Progress altogether! Their software still does not work very well, or easily for that matter, with other RDBMS's.

After 8 years of working with Progress, I'm jumping ship for Oracle. I just completed installations of 8i and 9i, and it's amazing what a REAL rdbms can do.

Oh yeah - each costs about the same! I just priced them both out.
Oracle gives you a LOT more bang for your buck - and support is 10 times better.

ramps

Interesting response. When you have finished installing the 137 security patches for the latest version of Oracle "the unbreakable" RDMS then let me know.

I have installed both Progress 9.1B and 9.1C on several operating systems and the only problems I have experienced are annoying rather than serious. For example 3.1C Webspeed out of the box would save my development files to the working directory until I patched it.

My experience is that 9.1C has less problems than 9.1B though especially in the area of support for XML and sonicMQ.

As for not getting the webspeed images this is not actually a progress problem but a configuration of your websever. You must ensure that the webspeed directory is a virtual directory and is pathed correctly to see the images.

U

Unregistered

If you can't see gif's in the workshop ... is simple
just take a look in the html page source code what is
the directory where the browser search for and
create an "Alias" in the apache httpd.conf file .....
or you can modify your old "alias" to points to the
good one directory.

Hope it helps !

Rares Stanciulescu
http://80.65.226.179