CIM loading production schedules??

rbaggetta

I'd like to know if anyone is using CIM loads to export production schedules into an Excel spreadsheet, fudge the schedule, then import it back into MFG/PRO via a CIM load? Has anyone used the software from SIG which suppose do this kind of loading/unloading from MFG/PRO...any info would be great.

tburtovoy

We do this, but its all custom. We have devised our own program to replace QAD MRP. Our program calculates all scheduled and discreet orders (entered via EDI or custom CIM schedule import), then compares against inventory onhand + wip. It creates work-orders for just-in-time delivery, then calculates all raw materials that will be consumed by those work-orders and CIM's supplier schedules back into QAD effectively creating supplier orders that our raw-material suppliers can view on our website. All we do is import orders every morning then run the program.. then we sit back and watch the system do the rest.

Its totally do-able, but could be alot of work depending on how complicated your business processes are. I'd have no problem elaborating further off-list, but far too much to discuss in a forum post.

rbaggetta

Thanks for the reply...we also have this now..its been a while since I wrote this post. Gee I wonder how many other ones I have back in 2002? If the mods can close this thread..thanks

tburtovoy

Yeah, I saw the thread age, but I thought others or yourself might benefit from knowing the possibilities with customization. I'm glad to hear you're on track with your system. Frankly, some of our coolest stuff is all custom. While MFG/Pro is a great "base", it sometimes takes a good customization to make the out-of-the-box functionality really hum.

Regards,
Tony B.